mardi 29 avril 2014

100% newbie - Can I program frequencies into an HT750 and what is needed?

Hopefully I got this in the right forum.



We use a set of HT750's (16 channel) and a couple HT1000's at my work location and I recently received an additional HT750 from another building. This new HT750 does not work with any of our frequencies and I'm thinking it is programmed for the other building's frequencies.



Is it possible for me to reprogram this myself or would it have to be sent in to someone? I'm willing to buy a cable to connect it to the computer if I can find one reasonably priced (quick eBay searched showed some that may work in the $20 range) but based on one of the stickies I'm also thinking I need to buy some software to go with this.



Does that sound correct? If so, can anyone tell me which cable I should be purchasing and what software I would need to buy?



My work location has a designated call sign and radio station authorization from the FCC as well as a list of frequencies, I'm hoping I can handle this myself as opposed to sending in the radio to our repair facility because sending in for repair/reprogramming typically takes a few weeks to make it's way back to me and I'd like to get this unit running ASAP.



So, my other question to go along with "what do I need?" is: Is it worth for me to buy these items? If I buy the cable and whatever software is needed, will I be able to reprogram this myself? How difficult would it be to program in some frequencies for different channels and what type of knowledge would I need?



Thanks for any info or help you guys can provide.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire