lundi 28 avril 2014

Listen to all GMRS / FRS on Wouxon

I just got my first radio, a Wouxun KG-UV6X.



The primary purpose for purchasing it is I wanted my own radio, rather then using unit radios when I am out with my Search and Rescue team.



I have it programmed and it's up and running fine on our SAR frequencies. I even have all of the GMRS and FRS channels programmed in and that works fine and I even understand how to put in the privacy tones so that I can program in a GMRS / FRS channel with privacy code.



So now for the million dollar question:

Is it possible to make it so that I can program the FRS / GMRS to hear all privacy codes?



For example I have FRS channel 9 programmed in. If someone talks on FRS channel 9 I hear that no problem. But if they go to channel 9 / privacy code 11 - my unit lights up and I can see that they are transmitting but I don't hear anything.



Now I can see how to program in the privacy codes and if I program in the privacy code for channel 9 privacy code 11 I can hear that transmission fine.



I understand how privacy channels work, and that it is just a tone that is transmitted and the radio makes the decision to ignore anything with the tone sent if you are not set to listen to the privacy channel using that tone. I would love to make it so that if anyone broadcasts on a GMRS / FRS channel my radio ignores the tone and I can hear the transmission.



The main reason for this is not to be nosey, but so that while on missions I can scan the GMRS / FRS frequencies and maybe locate the subject if they are transmitting.



Thanks in advance.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire