mardi 29 avril 2014

How to transfer 396XT/996XT files to a 536HP

Hello,



I have a 396XT and 996XT containing the identical programming file information. I am getting the new model 536HP and want to automatically (versus hand entry) transfer the programming from one of my existing scanners (396XT or 996XT) to the new 536HP. The software I have for the two existing scanners is FreeScan but I read it will not be supporting the 536HP.



I have spent time searching the Forum and have seen this question asked among other threads, but not clearly answered. I have read statements saying it can be done with the Home Patrol, but I do not have one of those units.



My questions:



1) Can the 396XT/996XT programming files be transferred to the new 546HP in some automated way?



2) If so, could someone either point to a link describing the process or provide some form of explanation on how to do it.



.

The best I can tell, the old and new structures look basically the same with channels or talk groups within groups (now called departments), which are within Systems. What looks new to me is a new top layer called Favorites.



I suspect a good part of the market for the new scanner is people like me having decoding issues with the older products and hoping the new unit will do a better job. If that is the case, then there should be many users like me that want a relatively quick way to program the new scanner with the custom data that took years to build with the old scanners. I keep thinking there should already be something out there describing what I want to do, but I can not find it.



Thanks for any help.



Bruce H.

.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire