dimanche 27 juillet 2014

SSB confusion

This is a long winded question so please bear with me...



I am finally getting a chance to remodel/rewire my basement radio shack. I have always wanted to add a base station style CB radio and I think now is a great time to do so. My previous experience with CB radio has been just a mobile unit in my truck and talking locally, but I have noticed some CB radios with SSB. I have no experience with SSB. I assume SSB is for extending your range, such as for DXing, which I have no experience with.



Older analog, base station CB radios (with SSB) range from $50-$150 on the internet. I've also came across a new mobile CB radio with SSB (Uniden Bearcat 980) for about $130. Would my money be better spent on an older base station style or a newer, mobile style CB radio? My goal is to reach out further than my zip code on the legal 4 watts, by having a CB with more or better options, regardless if it is old or new.



I currently have a Starduster M400 antenna ran to my shack with 100' of RG8X for whichever route I decide to take.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire