lundi 7 avril 2014

Colorado DTRS with Unidens new software

I have been looking at the Uniden HP536 since it was announced. I downloaded the Sentenial software, to check it out. I am used to GRE scanners, so the quick keys are something new, but I am trying to get an understanding of it. When I tried to create a favorite list, it would put ALL of the DTRS sites in. Is there a way to delete them? I also want to only have the control channels, and not all the alternates. Do I need to go through each site in each favorite list I create and disable the sites I don't want?



I watched several youtube videos, especially those made by UPMAN. It seemed that the systems in Texas he was using for his favorite lists were easier to break down. I just can't figure out how to get the DTRS to cooperate. I don't know if I should have one favorite list and use quick keys to narrow down the jurisdictions, or if I should make a favorite list for each county and just delete all the other stuff I don't want.



I was hoping to get my favorite lists in the program, and be able to take time doing it before I get the scanner.



My plan was to have a favorite list for each county I want to monitor, and then use the quick keys to narrow those down to each category. For example, I would have Favorite list 1 Boulder County, then have "Department quick keys" so I could turn on and off cities (Longmont, Boulder City, Boulder County, ect) and then make it similar in my favorite lists for other counties, so I could easily turn stuff on and off. Is this possible?



Would I be better off creating my own favorite lists from scratch, and copy and pasting the control channels and talkgroups I want? Its nice having all of those there, but it seems to be "all or nothing" with the exception of disabling all the other control channels.



I also noticed that there is an option for GPS connection. Would it be basically ready to go if I were to just plug in the GPS and set it up for location based, and have good results picking up the areas I want as I drive?



It seems like this is a very good scanner, and I am hoping it will allow more customizing than the Pro-106 that I have right now. I only have 20 "scan lists" on my 106, and I only have four counties programmed into that Vscan file, so that I can narrow down what I hear. Most of the time I want primary channels, but sometimes I will want to have the car to car or tac channels just a button push away. I was hoping quick keys would fix that for me. Am I wrong about that assumption?



Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire