vendredi 4 avril 2014

BCD536HP SD Card Read Error

I'v been reading the threads regarding SD card problems in both the 436 and 536 scanners, but I have not found a solution to my problems yet.



I have had my BC-536HP scanner for a few weeks and it had been running fine, but suddenly the scanner says there is an SD Card File Error and that I must use Sentinel to Clear User Data. Fine, and I have done that multiple times, but so far I cannot clear this error message and use the radio.



I have tried the original 4GB micro SD card that came with the radio and have 2 new 8GB cards that were purchased after this problem occurred. I have tried formatting the cards, both in the radio itself, and using an external card reader. I have formatted using both the OS formatter and the "SD Formatter" programming software. When exploring the card with Windows I can see all the Uniden scanner files on the card, and Sentinel sees the card either in the scanner or in the external card reader. And despite the fact that the USB cable is working fine, I have tried multiple cables just as a test, with the same results.



I guess my main question is what is supposed to be on the card for the scanner to recognize it? I have written the database and the firmware update to the card after clearing the user data, but am I missing a step or is there something that needs to be on the card that isn't and causing the radio not to read the card?



Looking for ideas here before shipping the radio back to Uniden…



- Chris




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire