mardi 1 avril 2014

BC 245XLT RIP?

After many years of heavy use, my BC 245XLT stopped receiving. Yes, I have used services to find the local NOAA station to no avail. It does not pick up anything. There was a brief moment when I heard an extremely faint transmission from NOAA, but not worthy of scanning purposes.



Although this radio was not plugged into the power source, it was scanning during a fierce electrical storm. This was "all of the sudden" difference.

I might add, when I first heard the radio's lack of reception, it was in Killeen, Texas where it is further away from the NOAA transmitting station. When I got it back to Waco, the reception improved, but it was much weaker than ever before.



Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire