dimanche 14 septembre 2014

Portland Police dispatch

I usually listen to Clackamas County Law 1 (the main channel for urban area dispatch), along with fire, ambulance, and OSP for the same area. These are all coming in fine on my PSR 800. However, when I went into Portland the other day, I noticed I am only picking up the tac (chat) channels, and not the dispatch for PPB. My scanner has had all the updates from RR, but I'm not getting anything for central, east, or north dispatch at all. Have they gone encrypted? Or have they moved to another TG?



When I bought my PSR 800 about a year ago for nearly $600, I was hoping I had the latest and greatest. I know there is no scanner that will unscramble encryption. But as a side note, I wondered if anyone has any thoughts on the PSR 800 in general with regard to the fact that the RR updates will no longer be available after December 2014, since GRE is out of business. With the decline in Radio Shack business overall, I'm a little concerned as to how long Whistler will stay in the scanner business, if Radio Shack were to stop carrying their new products. Whistler is supposed to have a great new scanner (better than the PSR 800) on the market sometime by the end of the year, but I'm not sure if I should go with that, or try a Uniden instead. I want to be able to keep up to date with the best scanner, and even though I LOVE my PSR 800, there is definitely a concern if it will no longer be able to update with RR after this year. Would love to hear any feedback or suggestions.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire