mardi 16 septembre 2014

CB Firestick Experiment

I did a little experiment this evening. Was quick to put together. I used a white 11m firestick antenna and added 5 feet 5 inches of wire to the thread of the firestick. At the opposite end of the wire is into 6 feet of 50 ohm Rg-58 double shield coax. I wanted to try to get better reception indoors For Shortwave.



It seemed to receive fine.



I have no test equipment. Can someone with the same parts as I mentioned piece one together like mine and find out where it is resonant at?



Edit: Forgot to mention I have it mounted to a 7 foot 3/4th inch by 1-1/8th inch wood thing.



I can hear the pile up on 20 meter amateur at 14255 khz upper side band. Some kind of contest.



Seems to do ok mounted in the vertical position.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire