lundi 24 novembre 2014

Jumper Cable Suggestions Please

Hi:



I've searched the forum and found some info to help, but I'd like direct responses to my specific question.

Currently, I use DX Engineering RG213U on my coax runs to the antennas to a panel entering the station. From the panel I use 3 ft. of RG213U to connect to the antenna switch, amp, meters, etc.



I am going to purchase a switch that will enable me to use my amp and accessories with two transceivers and figured I might as well redo the coax at the station (inside-not out) since it's not very flexible. I admit, when I first purchased all the coax I was a new op and didn't quite realize the absolute stiffness of 213.



I'm going to run anywhere between 3 to 12 feet of coax indoors from the switch to various devices. I have read that Times LMR 240 is flexible and at such small lengths, loss is negligible. I've played with the calculators as well and there doesn't seem to be much of a discernible difference between 400, 213, and 240.



I'm also considering DX Engineering RG8U. According to DXE, it's lower loss than RG8X. At such minimal lengths, it probably doesn't matter, but I don't want my weak point to be indoors. I also realize that some of the jumpers that I am considering is outdoor rated. This doesn't matter to me as long as it's quality. I of course know my indoor jumpers will never be exposed to inclement weather...



Thanks in advance for suggestions and comments.



The actual link to the coax for indoor connections that I am considering is:

http://ift.tt/1xUfdpb





Jumper Cable Suggestions Please

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire