mercredi 18 mars 2015

Question about mirror mount and SWR

Hey everyone,

I drive a western star truck, and I have a few questions pertaining to SWR and mirror mounts.

The truck has a "stock" antenna receiver port that was built into the mirror of the truck that can not be modified as you can't disassemble the mirror it's sealed. The CB radio that is in this truck is a Uniden PC78LTW. The antenna used to be a 4ft fire stick I believe, however that broke and I wanted to upgrade the antenna to a metal one. I recently purchased a Browning 28 (63") antenna and it is for sure more heavy and larger than the light fiberglass Fire stick so I figured I'd be safe purchasing a mirror mount kit for more stability. IM NEW to the CB and scanner world, so please bare with me. With the Previous set up (fire stick at OEM mirror port) testing the SWR with the radio provided meter, I got 2.8ish or so, on ch1/20/40 which from what I understand is not good. Since I've installed this new antenna, I've also purchased new coax cable and ran it to the CB radio. The SWR is now over 3 in ch1/20/40. I've checked the cable for shorts, breaks, kinks and found none. Then I checked the mirror mount and noticed the coax screw cap (part where you screw onto the end of the antenna) was touching one of the mirror mount bolts. I fixed that, still high SWR, no change. I've checked to make sure the mirror is grounded into the cab of the truck, which it is through the bolts that attach it to the cab. The extra coax cable slack I have leading up to the cb radio is not coiled, however there is a lot of slack, I purchased 10' of cable, prob have a few feet in slack. The only other thing I could think of, is the nylon washer provided. I have mine on top of the mirror mount, is there suppose to be one below it too? I was only provided with one nylon washer. Also, will a high SWR affect RECEIVING signals, or only transmitting signals. thanks!

-Tony





Question about mirror mount and SWR

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire