lundi 10 novembre 2014

whats the dumbest install you've ever done

I was a navy pilot and radios , to me ment, you pushed a button and they talked. Being adventerous I came home with a reverberation box to install. The was the days that stereo radio had not happened yet. So spending a saturday afternoon, I mounted, spliced wires and really tried to follow the instruction. Well the moment of truth. Turned the reverberation box on and nothing happened. Then a neighbor came out and asked why my headlights were on, Seemed my wiring had turned the headlights on. Then turned the headlights on and the reverberation unit came on. So many years later, learning with cb radios, became a ham operator. At least now I have learned, what I can do and who I call now for the things I don't. Ham radio, ity was a tower install where I was putting a home brew with a base that allowed a foldover base. poured the concrete, put the base on some boards that allowed me to insert some bolts thry a hindge plate. The base was near the side of the house, so the tower would lay over away from the house. In my haste to place the tower, I placeed the base 180 degrees from where it should have been placed. The hindge plate allowed ther tower to lay into the house rather than in the back yard. The last screw up was at Katrina where I was operating am emergency staion for Hancock county. We arrived late in the day, hurried to erect the antenna. I used a B&W folded diploe. The antenna has a balum at the feed point. The balum is supposed to face towards the ground and have the coax attached before the antenna goes up. I admired my fast erection of the antenna, then looked at my partner who was an operator standing there hold the coax in his hand. Those are the three dumbest things I can remember doing.





whats the dumbest install you've ever done

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire