lundi 10 novembre 2014

MW Attic Antenna Options

Hello all,



I've become fascinated in listening to far off AM stations, as many of you have. I'm currently using a slinky antenna in the attic, fed with 50 ohm RG-58 and an ugly-balun, and I'm looking for a reasonably cheap upgrade to this specifically for LF/MF listening.



I'd prefer something that is coax fed, and since it will be placed in the attic, I'm not all that interested in a loop antenna. At this point, I'm thinking it would be a longwire antenna, but I've yet to find any good plans on the net that cover this type of antenna specifically for AM reception.



I'll shortly be building and installing a multiband dipole after upgrading to my general, to start to get into HF. It'll be a 40-20-17-10 multiband, but I would imagine that I'll be able to do better with LF/MF (receive only) using some sort of longwire in the attic.



Does anyone here have plans, or are aware of plans on the internet, that lay out longwire attic antennas, coax termination, etc. for AM-based applications?



Your opinions are greatly appreciated!



Rob





MW Attic Antenna Options

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire