jeudi 7 août 2014

ICOM IC 2-GXAT help needed

Hi! I have a question about my ICOM IC 2-GXAT. I've had it 20+ years and it's traveled all around the country with me in planes, trains and automobiles and it worked flawlessly. It's old and it's single-band, but it does the job. The only thing I've ever had to do is replace a battery pack, which is expected. I carry the radio on me or in a carry-on bag when I travel, and I was on about a dozen flights When I got to my destination after a recent plane trip, I found that some of the buttons, specifically the VFO/Memory/Call Channel switch and Duplex switch blue buttons at top left of the keyboard, stopped working. At times, all of the buttons on the front and the channel selection knob have stopped working. I was advised to do a reset, but that requires both of those buttons. I was also advised to take the radio off the battery for a few days to let any possible built-up capacitance drain out of the radio. That helped a little. I was able to do a partial reset, which only requires the FUNC & HI/LOW switch. Now I have a rig that won't do splits and won't do memory channels--basically a simplex rig. Before I replace it, does anyone have a clue as to what might be wrong? Any opinion is greatly appreciated. 73s de N3NKI




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire