dimanche 3 août 2014

ICOM antenna on a Uniden scanner

Good day,



I have two Uniden scanners (BC246T and BCD396T) that I utilize to monitor local public safety comm and the local airport. The 396T is more sensitive on the VHF air band then the 246T so my questions will be pertaining to that scanner. I live 8.6 km (5.6miles) from the airport (same elevation with trees and houses in between).



With the rubber ducky antenna, I was picking up very little airport comms (tower, ground, apron,..). I got a Diamond RH77CA to improve the range of my scanner and with it, I can get more airport comms but not all and sometimes, the comms audio is very scratchy and the meter on my 396T only shows 1-2 bars.



I did extensive research on the best air band scanner antenna and the Maldol AL-500S seem to stand-out but it's discontinued. I was looking at buying a air band radio (I had my eye on the ICOM IC-A14) but you need a pilot's licence (which makes sense!) to own one.



Would it increase the strength and range of the airport's transmissions if I buy the antenna of the ICOM IC-A14, the ICOM FA-B02AR? I have a few BNC to SMA adapter.



Thanks for the help.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire