dimanche 3 août 2014

Recommendations Lads?

Hi Guys,



I have a question to ask you …… I have a shiny new (to me) tower now sitting in my backyard

pointed mostly up ..... (grin)



It’s an 18 ga tower sort of like a Golden Nugget model but I’m not sure of the brand. It’s in to 60 lbs

of concrete and re-bar going down an extra 3ft and its attached to the house at 22 ft and lastly it’s

going to be guyed at the top with 4 lines tweaked in to two G5RV’s. It’s 3 10 foot sections and the

top piece not quite 10 ft but anyway …. Right now its about 38 feet up to the top so I am going to

have a pole on it but not right away.



So here the rub – what beam and rotor? I’m going to use it with my ICOM IC-745 and right now it’s

only 100 watts. I want to play on mostly 20M but I would like to cover as much as I can and I have

played briefly on 40M and 80M with my current G5RV but my home will be 20M and I have hit 17M

but nothing below that (prob because of the G5RV) I dunno ........



I have a line on a Cushcraft A4S but the thing is 32 feet long on one of the elements! Yikes !



If I get it I would add the kit for 40M but can you guys suggest anything else that will cover 10 – 40M

that doesn’t have 32 foot long elements? (grin) I’m a new ham so type your suggestions slowly!



Cheers’

Dave




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire