jeudi 6 mars 2014

24 hour quick 436 review

Took forever for my 436 to arrive, I got it on Tuesday, on Wednesday Uniden sent me an email with my confirmation and tracking number! So much for keeping a buyer updated.



Anyway......I took it with me to work last night and fired it up. Set the zip code and it gave me everything within about a 150 radius! Even Alabama and I'm just north of Atlanta. Besides that, I was using the stock Uniden antenna. In our comm center, reception inside our building is very limited due to all the electronics in it. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to pick up both the Atlanta and DeKalb County P25 systems on it! Even on our XTS5000's, we can't pick those systems up in our center! Also, several outlying counties (40-50 miles away) were coming in - a little scratchy, but understandable. I had my BC296D next to it and it was stone deaf on the same frequencies!



Software took me about 45 minutes to comprehend, but now that I have it down, I have my own Favorite list in the scanner and works like a champ.



Only drawback, is you can set the colors for what services you want, but it's just a small light in the speaker area that shows the color - I was hoping it would be the display.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire