dimanche 22 mars 2015

dealer installed nmo tnc termination?

So I think I have finally chosen a scanner that will allow me to listen to the police in my area again (home Patrol).

My current setup because I was cheap and lazy is a roof mounted Magnetic mount I picked up at radio shack for $3 as part of there going out of business liquidation..



How ever my truck has a dealer installed nmo option for what was a pioneer analogue cellphone (I haven't tested yet but from dealer options it is 50 ohms cable) that terminates in a tnc male connection under my driver seat about 2 feet from where I need it...



The question is because I want the ability to remove the magnetic mount and have several options for frequency is it better to replace the nmo mount with the longer cable that terminates where I need it to with the right connector or use a patch cable from the existing tnc connector over to the new scanner (cost for the patch or the new nmo are the same) lazy side of me just wants to patch cable but then with the connection will I lose signal?





dealer installed nmo tnc termination?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire