lundi 10 novembre 2014

Maximum watts on handheld/mobile?

Hello everyone,

I am new to radio & ham hobby and i am doing some research on handheld radios and output power (watts) always differs from brand to brand or device to device.

Usually there are 0.5/1/2/4/5/7 watts on handheld radios.

So what's the maximum output power on handheld radio? Is there any handheld radio with 50watts output power?



Mobile radios are generally available up to 50/100 watts.

- May someone explain why there is a huge watts difference between handheld and mobile radios?

- Does it related with battery consumption and antenna?

- Why mobile radios are performs better? (Power & antenna combination?)



I have a Baofeng UV-5R at the moment, with stock antenna. It has 5W output. I am going to install Nagoya NA-771 antenna on it.

So let's say, is this possible get a better performance with 10W instead of 5W? (Assume, my device is able to output 10W)

And is there any suggestions to make my reception better? I usually monitor (UHF) 400.000-480.000 MHz.



And is there any resource for a total beginner like me? Any document, text, piece of information would be great to start.

Any explanation would be great.

Thank you all.





Maximum watts on handheld/mobile?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire