lundi 10 novembre 2014

Local-vs-distant reception question

Hi, all. Here's the situation. I'm attempting to monitor the Plano, Allen, Wylie, Murphy (PAWM) P25 system and the Collin County Public Safety system using a Uniden HomePatrol and the RadioShack 800mhz rubber-ducky antenna from my apartment in Allen, TX.



There seems to be a tremendous amount of interference in the 800mhz range for "local" systems (5-10 miles away). On the PAWM digital system, I can receive transmissions pretty consistently if I turn the squelch setting down to 1 bar--any higher and all transmissions are cut out. The County analog system is basically the same; all receptions are very staticky.



Meanwhile, more distant signals (10-20 miles away) like NOAA Weather Radio on 162.400 and Dallas PD north divisions in the 460 mhz range come in loud and clear. Even distant 800 mhz analog trunked systems like Garland and Mesquite come in relatively well, but local 800 mhz is just rubbish.



My theory on the interference: the big electricity transport line that runs in the median of the street just outside my apartment. :) However, if that is the problem, why am I able to receive distant signals and not local ones in the same frequency range?



Thanks in advance for your feedback.





Local-vs-distant reception question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire