mardi 11 novembre 2014

Homemade yagi

Hi guys. As you may know by now, I'm REALLY into airwaves, and saving a buck to build my own antenna. Well, cut thru the bull and heres what I did..I got

1--. 16 inch hollow square aluminum tube

4-- aluminum rods 1/8 inch thick

And the connector ( 2 prong ) that goes to cable/R-S adapter to female bnc

And R-S jumper cable--bnc male to male

The 1st rod is 14 inches, 2nd is roughly 5 inch spacing to 8 inch rod, -5 inch spacing, to7 inch rod, ,,, next is the end 1 that is a 6 inch rod..

I got these parts from ripping apart a giant/big uhf/vhf tv antenna.. I'm even using those corled peices that hold the rod in place.... It does well in vhf mode AS IS, and until I get a permanent design, The bolts that hold the rods in place are 2 inches long,steel..

So, for now, I'm asking for proper instructions for a uhf, and a vhf.. I've seen other drawings, but noone specifies if this rod is supposed to be 5.6 INCHES, or centimeters..? I also got the long shaft off the old antenna cut in half.. 4 feet and slightly bigger than the above mentioned.. This IS 1 heck of a hobby!! Thanks a mil... 800's mhz and HF will be on the list later.

I got many rods, bigger than above if needed--- forgot-- ends of rods are tapered flat





Homemade yagi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire