vendredi 20 mars 2015

Pro-164: Pro 164 Won't Connect To Computer? Bad PC/IF Jack?

So i've received a pro 164 that has definitely been used and slightly abused. It still works and i wouldn't suspect a bad PC/IF port if it weren't for the condition it is in...however the scanner still runs and operates great. Basically i bought one of the FTDI programming cables, (not the original radio shack cables), and i have installed all of the drivers and it recognizes fine on the computer as a COM port.



For the life of me, i cannot get Win97 or PSREdit300 to communicate with the scanner. Furthermore, i have the Pro-164/Pro-163 CPU updater program for v1.10, and this scanner is on v1.08. When i hold the PGM button down and turn it on to put it into CPU update mode, it says "Wait for PC/IF". I plug the cable in and it still says the same message. When i try to do the update, there is a test feature which allows me to first test communication with the scanner. It will not communicate!! I don't understand what the deal is.



I have verified that the drivers are successfully installed, and yes it does list the correct COM port. I have successfully selected the right COM port so i don't think that is the issue. I have tried on 2 different PC's and rebooted several times. I am worried the PC/IF jack is broken. In PSREdit300, there is a feature which will scan all COM ports and tell you which have scanners hooked up. It comes back saying none have anything hooked up.....



Does anyone have any tricks to try? I've taken the scanner apart, inspected solder joints, and tried to clean the PC/IF jack out. It looks fine to me. Hopefully i'm missing something stupid here, because i would love to get this scanner working with the programming software, otherwise it is sort of useless to me, since i need to select the rebanding table option. And insight at all would be much appreciated. Thanks!!





Pro-164: Pro 164 Won't Connect To Computer? Bad PC/IF Jack?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire