vendredi 20 mars 2015

Interesting coverage on Fleetnet

Been messing around with Fleetnet while mobile here in Burlington this past week. Here is my reports.



Scanner: 396XT using a Larsen 1/4 whip cut for VHF-Hi, mounted on my trunk.



1) : Burl/Oak + Lakeshore. 1AM Wed night



Charlton-excellent

Brantford-good

Fonthill and Skylon-excellant

Cayuga-good, scratchy

B-fad-decent, in and out

King City-Very good

Woodlawn (Guelph)-decent

Mowat and Brittania-Very good.



Aside from King City, no real surprises above. King City has exceptional coverage I feel anyways.



2) Cityview Park Dundas and Kerns Road, high up on the escarpment/mountain, same scanner, same antenna. 3-5 PM Thursday



All of the above as expected but B-fad and Woodlawn were scratchy. Surprising to me cause I really wasn't all that far from Guelph and B-fad.



What 'blew' me away was Whitby. I don't normally even monitor Whitby. No need to but when I re-programmed my scanner I put Whitby in, I have a meeting next week in Scarborough and don't want to lose coverage on my way there.



What really really blew me away was a strong signal on 142.590. I was mobile but I looked up the frequency on this site and was very surprised that the above frequency was the control channel for Pontypool. I was able to hear some activity on it, the Whitby/Toronto patch, and some MTOE but for the most part it was just a bit noisy for the scanner to do 'trunking.'



I haven't been any further north than Guelph for the last few years, we used to have a family cottage in Lions Head and I am very familiar with Durham in Grey County and its excellant coverage from as far south as Fergus up to Owen Sound, for a minute I thought that I was 'hearing this tower' but I would have seen London CACC and the Grey/Bruce Pen/South Bruce patch and I already figured that conditions were not favourable to the WNW of me.



I noticed that there was reports of Northern Lights being very bright all the way south, hard for me to tell if the lights I saw towards the 416 from Aldershot were city lights or what. I guess then that this event with the sun, the cold weather flow of air from the North and my height created the perfect conditions to 'score' a tower that I would normally ever monitor all the way here in the West End.





Always fun to scan things from a distance, sorta like Dxing,



Anyone else here besides Bob (ATC) that has monitored stuff to the east and north?





Interesting coverage on Fleetnet

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire