mercredi 18 mars 2015

BCD536HP Uniden BCD536 Internet Software

I have had the BCD536 for about 6 months, like the radio (I also have BC796) as well as a Radio Shack hand held digital trunking scanner and several BC-15 analog scanners.



The reason why I also purchased the BC536 was the remote control software, which I understood at the time would allow for the radio to be controlled from an iPhone or iPad from any internet connection. I was hoping to be able to listen to my radio from the road (like traveling in the hotel room), monitor whats happening at home, the local ham repeaters, nets, etc. Everything I am reading in the forums is only covering local network control which I use the computer and the ProScan software for (which also works great)



So the question is, does anyone know if Uniden plans on having a internet application for the 536, will the current software evolve to include that functionality? As an example the SlingBox TV application is very easy to set up and use for remote devices and works from most internet connections in the field. I know it may be possible with whats there now by setting up communications/security via the router and network, but there does not seem to be any clear understanding of anything other than local network control from the local WiFI network. Fixed iP addresses, etc., are all a pain it the tail to set up.



It would be great if eventually the app evolved to have the simplicity of Slingbox.



Thanks if anyone knows anything.



John KG6ODI





BCD536HP Uniden BCD536 Internet Software

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire