samedi 21 mars 2015

Australia heard in Michigan this morning on medium-wave!

I've been chasing this one for a while now as a carrier-only during morning DXing sessions. Finally nailed some audio and an ID from 4QD Emerald, QLD. this morning a few minutes prior to my local sunrise at 1147 UTC. Like the 120 meter domestic Aussie broadcasters, this too had the better signal using the North D-KAZ antenna. When switching to my South-west phased BOGs which have done well before in picking out low-band trans-pacific MW DX, it was only "barely there" as a weak het. 9,081 miles from Emerald to my receiver! Here's a bit of the reception including the ID for "ABC Local Radio": http://ift.tt/19bLvl5



What's a "D-KAZ" antenna, you may ask? More info here on how to build one for yourself:



http://ift.tt/19bLvl7



This antenna has also become my "go-to" antenna for HF as it outperforms my phased BOGs on shortwave every time. I highly recommend this antenna if you have a little space to play with outdoors and enjoy rolling your own antennas.





Australia heard in Michigan this morning on medium-wave!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire