samedi 9 août 2014

Wouxun UV8D vs Baofeng UV82

Has anyone compared the receive performance of these 2 units.

I am looking for a handheld that has decent performance in a very high rf enviroment.

I had a chance to try the UV82 and was not happy with it, using it mobile the squelch

would open on every little thing, using it at home on an outside antenna was a joke,

as soon as it was connected the squelch opened and no matter what frequency I tried I could

not get it squelched. I don't know if connecting it to the outside antenna was a fair test or not,

it probably overloaded the front end big time, but this is one of the applications I will have for the

radio.



I may have to go with one of the radios that only does 2 meter and 70 cm and does not have

the extened receive coverage.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire