mercredi 6 août 2014

Portable Scanner GPS...

So I have a 396-XT. It does "Location based" scanning, which is great for travelling. What I don't like is having to have all the wires (cig plug, plug to scanner adaptor, to scanner, etc.) in place before it will operate properly.



Questions;



(1) is there an easier way, IE; a smaller, "portable" GPS receiver that could mount on the body or possibly inside the scanner that will do this, without the need for an external power source such as cig. lighter or adaptor?



(2) Why hasn't a scanner manufacturer made a portable scanner with a built-in GPS receiver? (Even the smallest cell phones have them, so space or interference shouldn't be a factor that would be too difficult to overcome.



Is there any hope for this, or am I forever stuck plugging and unplugging a portable scanner into the vehicle GPS each time I want to take it with me in a different area?



And I am not interested in manually selecting "scan banks" or other, I am interested in the location based GPS scanning, like it is designed.



Thank you in advance for replies




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire