vendredi 8 août 2014

Pinellas County S.O. Recent Audio Quality Degradation

Recently I have noticed various units (not dispatch) having fair to sometimes poor audio quality. I am listening with my 396XT while in the car, my home patrol at home with discone and a few other uniden scanners. It sounds like a mix of plain ol lousy digital voice coupled with sporadic white noise. Maybe the deputy is hanging his mic out the window when transmitting while enjoying two large jaw-breaker candies and trying to talk???



I am only listening to analog traffic and I am wondering if they are simulcasting (analog & dig) and it is carrying the less than desirable audio quality from the digital side to the analog transmitter input.



Any ideas?



Vince - Palm Harbor

KI4VBR - EL88ob



... -.-




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire