mercredi 6 août 2014

OMG, I just bought a 436HP

So I am very happy with my LARGE fleet of clonable and identically operating 996XT and 396XT scanners, but I NEEDED a new toy, and thought I would give the 436HP a try. I need a spare Uniden to add to a scanner over IP set-up, so huge deal.



Anyway, my current XT scanners are programmed with 6 main SYSTEMS. City PD/FD, Co PD/FD No, Co PD/FD SOo I don't use groups, but I dedicate the quick keys to these systems. I am a journalist, and I need the ability to quickly access a specific police or fire channel quickly, and find that getting only 1 system on the display, pressing hold, and scrolling is the fastest way to do this.



I want to pretty much program the 436HP the same way, I hope that is possible? Does it operate the same way system/group as the XT scanners? I was thinking create my own programming in Sentinel, then add favorites lists in lieu of stock department city RR database programming. What pitfalls or things should I be aware of before attempting to begin programming my new toy? I guess my number 1 question, and I have been searching.....are the light grey buttons at the bottom different iteration of the HOLD button? I am assuming the CHAN button is basically what the XT HOLD button was?



Paul




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire