dimanche 3 août 2014

kenwood v-71a or yeasu 8800

The price differential is $10 - $20. I presently have under my "control" at work, 2 of the Kenwoods. Don't really know what else the Yeasu offers. I do want to remote mount the rig under the passenger seat.



That is one downside of the Kenwood, the mic attaches to the main unit and also has to be extended using a $75 kit for the seperation cables. I already have the programming software and would be cloning my existing 2 radios. I have easily done the MARS-CAP mod on both. These radios are used legitimately for public safety communication in a health care setting.



Most Yeasu dealers are including the seperation cables at no extra charge. I have no software or cable for Kenwood other than for the VX-8G HT. I am not familiar with the MARS-CAP mod for this unit but it appears to be quite easy and similar to the kenwood (remove a resisitor).



I really like ICOM, I have found their receivers to be much better but it is out of my price range. Due to limited funds I was considering an Anytone or Alinco, but I don't think it is worth it, I will save the $ for the right radio the first time.



Advice?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire