mardi 5 août 2014

home patrol stops working

I have a home patrol scanner that all of a sudden stopped working.



I generally use it in my shack with the AC, not battery power but we had big storms today and I wanted to listen to it on the balcony so I took it outside, used it for about an hour.



Put the batteries in, no go. Took them out, put them

When I came in I turned it off and threw the rechargeable batteries in my fast charger. I never charge the batteries in the radio.



Left the room, came back an hour later and decided to bring the scanner out again on the balcony. When I put the AC adapter on the scanner I didn't turn it on.



Put the batteries in, no go. Took the batteries out and put them back in again, no go.



Took batteries out, plugged the scanner in no go.



Used a different outlet, no charge. Took the memory card out, no go. Put it back in again, no luck.



Reset the scanner, no go.



Looked to see if the pin busted, nope.



Didn't hear anything loose in it.



My wife was a technician and can build and fix electronics, maybe something got fried?



I am in Canada, there has been mention of a company called Lecron (sp?) that fixes scanners.



If I have to send it out to be fixed do I use this place or send it to Uniden?



I had a mildly annoying experience with C/S at Uniden when the scanner was still under warranty.



The problem at that time was broken antennas and the car adapter.



I have never dropped it, I generally use it at home with AC power, the batteries are in it in case I wished to record.



Any advice is appreciated. I have other scanners but aside from the 396T I had before this one I love my Home Patrol. I have spent years recording UID's, I will be sore if it can't be fixed.



Sorry for the long post.



Eric




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire