vendredi 8 août 2014

good luck, bad luck............

been quite a while since last posting here, i'm still pretty much a novice on the cb seen even though i've been around it for a long time, but never too deeply, i know the basics and that the antenna is key to a good radio, i had done my best? last year at getting my swr's as low as possible on both my base's and in my mobiles, i recently tried an old center load, that i never intended to use, on my truck a few days ago, and was shocked to get such a low reading, nearly a flat 1 all the way across, i couldn't get any better than a 1.8 with all the antenna's i tried before (wilson 1000, 5000 and a few others), no change in it's location, so i'm pleased there. Now for my one base, i just disconnected my home-brew 1/4 wave that has worked very well with readings at 1.1-1.2 , but wanted to try an a-99 that had an extra one of, made a new mast assy., mounted it up with the same cable that was connected to the 1/4 wave, now i cant get better than a 2., not sure what's up, may just go back to my 1/4 wave..............arrrrg, now i remember why i stopped when/where i was last year..............



so here's a question.........once you've got your swr's as low as possible, will changing the height of the antenna change the swr reading?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire