dimanche 8 juin 2014

Region 2000 (Lynchburg, Bedford, Amherst, etc) P25 Phase II Installation Coming

Just posting this as a heads up since I haven't seen a thread on this yet. I just happened to blow the dust off my old Radio Shack PRO-95. I've been a public safety listener for about 10 years, on and off.



The older EDACS system that serves Lynchburg, Bedford, and Amherst's Fire and Police will be getting replaced within the next year by a Project 25 Phase II system. I'm not entirely sure which counties and townships around Lynchburg will be affected. The current EDACS system for the "Central Planning District" are limited to Lynchburg, Amherst, Bedford, and Stewartsville whereas the Region 2000 committee serves Amherst Appomattox, Bedford, Campbell, Lynchburg, Altavista, Appomattox, and Brookneal.



I got this information from my father who works at Harris in Lynchburg. They were awarded a 11.7 million dollar contract in June 2012. The Region 2000 annual report for 2013 also confirms this. (PDF, http://ift.tt/SoHH7C) Apparently the radio core is sitting in production at Harris here in Lynchburg right now.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire