mercredi 4 juin 2014

Scanner for my Father. 200$ max budget..possible?

Hi everyone. My Father is turning 76 this July and he love listening to the local police, fire, emt. He had a old scanner that is no longer working. I have a max budget of 200$ What I would like to do is get him something that is not junk. Nothing fancy at all though either. He likes listening to whatever is local and then branching to outward towns from there. National stuff would be pretty neat if possible. The only thing is the scanner would have to be foolproof. He has no idea how to use them. His dementia is getting worse so being able to use the volume and maybe adjusting the squelch is all he could do. Everything would have to be on auto. I am thinking of just setting it up to scan everything and pick up whatever comes in. Use or new, it doesn't matter.



200$ is what I have to spend. I'd like it to be something he can carry around if need be. He lives in Worcester, MA 01605. Anything that can pick up national/local emergencies, weather and the regular stuff would be a plus. It's replaces his TV at night pretty much :)



If I could get it programmed that would be great but I know getting that done would eat into the 200$. Any easy way to do it?



Ok thanks for the help....from both of us!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire