mercredi 25 juin 2014

Pro-106 Charger Question

Hello,



I recently bought my mom a scanner off of eBay so she can listen to what is going on in the city and also listen to me when I am out on patrol (I work as a reserve police officer for a city here.)



Anyway, her batteries were dying and even though I told her specifically to use the specific charger, she found the first one that fit and put it in. She had some weird noise come across and now she is only getting the "Waiting For DSP".



I have tried all of the "0" tricks and reverted everything back to factory and that did not resolve it. I have tried upgrading the DSP, but it wont read the scanner on my computer. I tried plugging in my scanner, same model, having that be read, and trying the upgrade that way (I get the "updating" message on the broken scanner, but the DSP upgrade does not stick.)



My question is, is this scanner now a brick and can never be used again or is there a trick I do not know about to get the DSP upgrade to stick? We got this for a deal, IMO, since it was missing the battery cover.



Any help, suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated... I know you cannot buy the main boards for these things anymore as parts are no where to be found.



Thanks,



Justin




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire