samedi 7 juin 2014

Pro-106 Battery Explosion, well leak.

I used to love my pro-106. I made videos for it on youtube as soon as it came out and I have three or four of the most viewed youtube videos on it. If you saw a pro-106 video on youtube, chances are it was mine.



Well the years went by and I quickly realized how good of a scanner it is not. Buttons fell out, it became sensitive to the touch (if I set it down the wrong way it would scan but it wouldn't receive), the screen mirrors, the list goes on.



Today, however, something scary happened. As I was driving home and scanning Dauphin county's P-25 system (which the 106 does a terrible job at), I heard bubbles coming from inside the radio. I unplugged it immediately and checked it out. The back was HOT and the batteries were leaking acid all over the radio and Nissan Maxima! I've had it for about 5 years but this never happened.



I had regular alkaline batteries in the black battery case, just as it says in the manual. I use the correct type power supply, just as it says in the manual.



I am scared to turn the scanner back on. I tried to clean it up as best I can but I am beyond irritated with radioshack. It appears I did nothing wrong. I plan on contacting them first thing Monday morning.



Can somebody point me towards some help? Does it sound like I did something to kill the radio?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire