vendredi 6 juin 2014

New mobile CB / Scanner User Advice *Road Trip*

Hi all!



This seems like an extremely informative forum. I do apologize in advance if my questions are answered in other places, I did as much searching around the internet as I could but am still extremely confused but eager to learn!



First things first, I am taking a cross country road trip in about a months time. I am leaving from my hometown of New Canaan, CT in Fairfield County and heading to San Francisco and then back.



Ideally I'd love to have a mobile CB and a digital trunking scanner to monitor traffic, speed traps, as well as staying entertained on the trip. I have a MINI Cooper (the big one the Countryman) and will be wiring everything up best I can inside the car.



Let's talk equipment. I've ordered a Uniden BCD396XT Digital Scanner and a Midland 75-822 mobile CB. I have not purchased any antenna's yet but I figured I at least need one for the CB. I'm looking for nothing obnoxious on the top of my car so I was thinking of running a magnetic mount Wilson 36" with an 18 foot Coax (which I hear is the proper way to do it). Is there any way I can use a FLAT COAX cable? I want to run the cable through the headliner up through the rear sunroof, which only tilts and never slides and it would be great if I didn't have a cable running on my roof.



My next question would be programming everything. Pretty sure I can figure out how to tune the antenna for SWR's etc but the scanner I'm extremely confused on. Is there any way I can just keep it on scan for the police channels and call it a day? Do I have to program each frequency I will be in across the whole united states? What's the best way of going about this? The unit says it has GPS scanning capability, so if I plug in a GPS receiver will it only scan areas around where I am automatically?



Thanks everyone for your help in advance. Looking forward to learning about this new exciting hobby!



Kyle




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire