lundi 9 juin 2014

Kind of a (dumb) question BCD996XT

Hi. New scanner user here. I am going the "hard" route- manual programming. Yes I am a premium subscriber and I do have Freescan software but forgot to pick up the proper USB connexor & I feel that doing it by hand I can learn this better. I am totally new to scanners so this is a big accomplishment for me.



I am using markscanners "Easier To Read" manual and UPMan's info.uniden pages for assistance.



I have programmed my local Phoenix AZ police dispatch in here just fine using control channels *wow I can really hear all the action now* Before it was programmed I could only hear calls by happenstance when using the System Search.



Here is the "dumb" question- with TGIDs, I assume one can enter just the TGIDs without having to "associate" frequencies with those? So, the scanner automatically "knows" how to scan those once you enter those in (the hex or dec TGIDs) after creating my sites/systems etc? Can I input those TGIDs into a site I already created- say- for mine I named "phoenix police" can I put in TGID for say, Sky Harbor security and the scanner will figure it out? does this make sense



I have the Easier to Read marksscanners page open and trying to answer my own question, still looking and maybe I will find my answer myself but not sure



thanks- still learning and for me doing this by hand is more fun and helping me learn how scanners work much better than just uploading the info using software. I have plenty of time and dont mind manually doing it all.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire