mardi 11 novembre 2014

Homepatrol-2 - A Different Type of Disappointment

I purchased the Homepatrol-1 when it first came out and added the extreme upgrade once it became available. I generally use it as a base station, but take it on road trips using a GPS.



I received my Homepatrol-2 today (the REAL Homepatrol-II from Uniden; not the "optimized" Homepatrol-1 that BearcatWarehouse was calling the "Homepatrol-2"). I appreciate the fact it is the same form factor and interface, and even more the USB charge function so that I don't need yet another wall wart. Glad that it also has the SMA connector so that my existing antennas fit without adapters and that it snaps into my mobile mount.



Updated Sentinel to the newly released v2.03 and it was recognized immediately. I then went to the Uniden registration site, registered and bought the extreme upgrade key at the reduced price! I let it start scanning and was immediately picking up talkgroups that I previously could not monitor since they had moved to APCO P25 Phase II. It works and sounds just as good as the Homepatrol-1.



What's my disappointment, then?? That I haven't had this sooner!!



BIG thumbs up to Uniden. Well played.





Homepatrol-2 - A Different Type of Disappointment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire